Sunday, January 30, 2011

This is my Spirit

There is a picture that I see,
When calling out to thee,
Its me.

With white flowers dancing,
My hearts daring and chancing,
Running free your face painted so vividly,

You cover me with your glory,
Embracing me just holding,

We talk all day long,
Maybe even singing some songs,

You whisper in my ear,
Darling I am always here to hear,

You help me down from your lap,
Sending me off in hopes one day I will come back,

I softly walk away,
With expectations to return one day,

My job today is the same,
Since the coming of His name,

Love is the task,
Not covered with fancy masks,

I will show all the nations,
Great love through His creations,

And one day when I'm old and gray,
On my knees I will bow and pray,

I will then be reminded,
Of the flowers and not be blinded,

Returning home like I once said,
To a shoulder where I can rest my head,

It will be the same picture that I will see,
When my Father calls out for me.

-Sarah Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment