Wednesday, June 23, 2010

1/3 of the way!

WOW!!! It has been a long time since I have blogged and it has been a long week! A camp ended today and a camp begins here today. We are at Ridgecrest right now. A new group of kiddos come in tonight. I am excited. I really like having the kids. Although right now a break would be nice.

I feel like so much has happened I am not sure where to start. I guess I will start with us leaving Lee University.

We left Lee last Friday and drove here to Ridgecrest. Then Saturday we unloaded everything and got ready to start camp on Sunday. We started and have been non stop busy. The ride was a good one. I really enjoyed being on the van and not having to drive. I slept in the back. I missed most of the trip cause I was exhausted. It was such a beautiful ride though. Through the mountains and everything. The landscape was great. I really like the van rides too because it is time for us as a team to hang out and get to know each other better.

I did a lot of production set up this week for camp. We are assigned a crew from the beginning and my crew is the store, but that went rather fast so I helped a lot with lighting. I really enjoyed getting to set up the equipment that I was using. Although I am not sure if I will be doing lights anymore. We are rotating, which will be good cause I really would like to sit in with the kids.

Here at Ridgecrest I am rooming with Bethany and Kristin. Kristin has been sick so we let her have her own bed. She went to this doctor who did nothing for here but talk to her about how he was in the army or something like that. Idk. Anyways she's starting to feel better, although she did keep coughing last night. I feel bad. It is a tough job to be sick doing.

Hmmm.... My kiddos this week were fabulous. It was interesting group. I really didn't have any kids who were completely ignorant of Jesus and salvation, so idk I kind of felt more relaxed about things and bible study. They were not the most athletic bunch either, so rec was interesting. I love rec, it is probably one of my fav things about camp but its hard when the kids aren't into it. Some weeks the kids love it and other weeks they just don't care.

My worship band group this week were good. I really enjoyed what we did. We have three groups of kids the boom boom, tank tank, and the ting tings. These are catigorized by the sound their percussion instrument makes. We did a "we will rock you" beat and three kids rapped, it was really cute. Im not sure though if that is really what should happen. I feel like the kids love banging on things and the percussion part. Its just hard to add in the worship part. Idk, I'm going to talk to Andy about it, see what he has to say about it.

Im really tired though. Its just long days and nights. My home church is here this week with Fuge camps so it was nice to see them and get some stuff from home!! :)

I really love my team. I think that in the start of the week we struggled a little with the focus being on us and not completely on the kids. It was hard after spending so much time traveling together. Things got better though towards the end.

Well, I love all you guys!! I hope all is going well with you and I am praying for you!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment